March 2024 Happenings – WSU Pullman

Dear Cougs,

Welcome to the first of what will become my regular newsletter! I’m looking forward to using it as a space to share updates and news, as well as upcoming events. Please don’t hesitate to offer feedback and suggestions for this newsletter.

March is Women’s History Month, and I’m delighted to celebrate how women have shaped American history with our second annual Share the Mic panel. A panel of women who are making history right now at WSU Pullman will discuss their paths to leadership. Panelists will include

• Josie Cohen-Rodriguez, LGBTQ+ Center Student Life and Community Coordinator
  • Lindsey du Toit, Chair of the Department of Plant Pathology
  • Ariana Williamson, President of the Black Student Union

I’d love to see you at the Terrell Library Atrium on Thursday, March 21 at 12:30 p.m.

I’m also looking forward to WSU’s annual Showcase, from March 25 to 31, honoring the scholarly achievements of faculty, staff, and students. There will be poster sessions, competitions, and talks throughout the week, concluding with a banquet and awards ceremony. To learn more about the schedule, events, and awards, visit the Showcase website.

Finally, I want to give a shout-out to our WSU Pullman student body for their impressive voter turnout this week. You leaned in to provide your voice to important issues facing WSU Pullman and selected your student leaders for the 2024-25 academic year. Congratulations to ASWSU President-elect Tania Henriques and Vice President-elect Brian Kim – I look forward to working with you alongside our incredible GPSA leadership.

For those of you taking time off or adventuring out next week during spring break, enjoy and safe travels. Now that the weather is starting to warm and spring is almost here, I am looking forward to more weekend hikes with my pups (a muddy Wally is very excited about this) on the Palouse.

Best wishes and Go Cougs!

Elizabeth

Beasley Coliseum has been on fire this basketball season – including setting the record for the largest on-campus basketball crowd in the state of Washington this season! Thank you to our Cougar family for showing up in support of our men’s and women’s teams. Congratulations to our women on an incredible season, and good luck to our men’s team in the Pac-12 tournament!